Sunday, March 16, 2014

Watch This Fantastic TEDx Talk on End-of-Life Experiences.


One of the major surprises during the writing of my book Stop Worrying! There Probably is an Afterlife was how neglected the topic of end-of-life phenomena was, especially compared to its more famous sibling, the near-death experience. In the end, I was so fascinated that I wrote an entire chapter about end-of-life experiences, ranging from 18th century accounts through to recent research on the subject.
For those who haven't read my book, the recent TEDx talk by Martha Atkins embedded below will give you a great overview, as she touches on a number of the elements I discuss in my book, not least how the question of whether these experiences are 'real' may be secondary to the impact they have on the dying and those they are leaving behind. Fantastic presentation...but please, nobody tell certain whiny atheist bloggers about it lest they have TED remove it.

Source: Disinformation

No comments:

Post a Comment